Pages

CFC Youth For Christ - Youth Camp Handouts


God’s Love and His Plan for Us
Talk 1 of the YFC Camp

• God has a crazy dream. (Read Isaiah 65:17-25)

• This is God's crazy dream, His plan for us, "a plan to give us a future and a hope." (Jeremiah 29:11). All because of His great love for us.

I believe God brought you here, to hear about His love, and His plan in your life.

• We experience sufferings because we choose to. (Gen. 3:1-21) / (Romans 6:23)

• God wants us to experience the fullness of life but we continue to follow our own preferences. By choosing to turn away from this promise. God could have just as well chosen to turn away from us, destroy us as we deserve,

He chose to send His only Son to die for us because He did not want to see us suffer in our sin and die forever.

• “ God loves everyone of us as if there was but one of us to love.”(St. Augustine)

DISCUSSION STARTERS:

1. Share an experience or area of your life where you felt most loved by God.
2. How can you respond to God’s love for you? (Make specific resolutions, e.g. start praying more often, do more chores at home etc..)







Who is Jesus Christ to Me?
Talk 2 of the YFC Camp


• When we hear of how great God's love is for us, many of us genuinely want to respond to Him by loving Him back and living a life that's pleasing to Him.

• However, it is difficult to live a life pleasing to God, if it lacks the most basic factor, a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.

The best way to know Jesus is to know what or who He claimed to be..

• God loves you. That's pretty good news, but it gets even better. Not only does He love you, but He wants to have a friendship with you. (John 15:13-15)

• Jesus Christ wants to have a personal relationship with you. He already knows you, and He wants you to know Him.


DISCUSSION STARTERS:

1. How would you describe your relationship with Jesus now?

2. Who is Jesus to you? What can you do to respond to Jesus invitation of having a personal relationship with Him?







Repentance, Faith, Healing and Forgiveness
Talk 3 of the YFC Camp

• Sinfulness in our lives and the hurts we've experienced are hindrances in coming to Christ and receiving His spirit.

• Repentance is an act of the will, a decision..

(4 H's : Attitudes to take in repentance) Honesty, Humility, Hate the sin (and not the sinner), Have a good confession

• We need to have faith that when we come to the Lord in repentance He will forgive us and give us the strength to follow Him.

• Healing will not be complete if we haven't forgiven those who have hurt us, especially if they're the ones closest to us.

God wants us to experience the fullness of life in His love, by knowing Him. However, our sins and hurts block much of His blessings for us.



ACTIVITY:
1. Make 2 lists (list of people who hurt you & list of people whom you’ve hurt)
2. Then speaker will lead you to forgive those in the first list and asks forgiveness for the second list.
3. After, you are encouraged to write a letter to your parents for the same purpose.







Receiving God’s Gift: Power of the Holy Spirit
Talk 4 of the YFC Camp

COMMITMENT TO CHRIST

Leader : Do you renounce Satan and all wrongdoing?

Participant : Yes, I do.

Leader : Do you believe that Jesus is the Son of God, that He died to free you from sins, that He rose to bring you new life?

Participant : Yes, I do.

Leader : Do you choose to follow Jesus as your Lord, to love Him, honor Him and obey Him?

Participant : Yes, I will.



PRAYER OF COMMITMENT

Lord Jesus Christ,/ I want to belong to you from now on./ I want to be free / from the dominion of darkness/ and the rule of Satan,/ and I want to enter into your kingdom/ and be part of your people./ I will turn away from all wrong doing,/ and I will avoid everything/ that leads me to wrongdoing./ I ask you to forgive/ all the sins that I have committed/ I offer my life to You,/ and I promise to obey you as my Lord.







Growing in the Spirit
Talk 5 of the YFC Camp

• God calls us to live a life that is pleasing to Him. He loved us first, He has already died for us, He has given us His Holy Spirit, but even more, He gives us tools that we can use to grow in our relationship with Him. The challenge is left to us. . ."will we respond to that call?"

• We're not saying that after giving through this youth camp, we'll be living perfect Christian lives. We'll be probably fall but it's standing up that matters most. After all, it's faithfulness, not success that God wants.

God died for us. . .Now it's time we live for Him.


The Covenant of a Youth for Christ Member

1. I believe that I am special because I am a son / daughter of God
2. I believe that my family is God's gift to me.
3. I believe that it is my privilege to be studying I my school.
4. I believe that I belong to the bigger family of Youth for Christ.
5. I believe that God has a special purpose in allowing me to be born / live in this country







The Covenant of a Youth for Christ Member

1. I believe that I am special because I am a son / daughter of God.

2. I believe that my family is God's gift to me.

3. I believe that it is my privilege to be studying I my school.

4. I believe that I belong to the bigger family of Youth for Christ.

5. I believe that God has a special purpose in allowing me to be born / live in this country









PRAYER FOR CHILDREN


God has given you to me,/ (name of child) / as a gift/ to love and to guide./ I wish all good things for you./ Forgive me for any hurts that I may have given you./ As I forgive you/ of the hurts you may have given me./ I now call upon you God's blessings./ May the Lord bless you and keep you./ May the Lord make His face shine upon you/ and be gracious unto you./ May the Lord lift up His countenance upon you/ and give you peace. Amen.



PRAYER FOR PARENTS

God has given you to me,/ (Papa and Mama or Dad and Mom) / as my guides in His place/ here on earth./ I know that you love me / and in your love / you may have committed mistakes / that hurt me. / I forgive you for these./ I want you to know/ that I love you/ and ask for forgiveness/ for all the hurts/ I have given you./ May God bless you in everything you do./ This I pray / in the name of Jesus Christ/ my Lord and Savior./ Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment