Pages

Discovery Camp 2 - Talk 4: Discover Your Pleasure

Discovery Weekend
Expanded Outline

TALK 4: DISCOVER YOUR PLEASURE

I. Introduction

A. We live in a suffering world where many people are unhappy because they have chosen to live at the level of existence without God as a source of joy.

B. But for us in YFC, the love of God is very real and it is our source of joy because we are loved by God. We know He has a beautiful plan for us to be happy and successful in life.

C. We have discovered the sources of our pain and unhappiness and have allowed God to deal with them victoriously, as we have just experienced this afternoon. Now, we want to learn how to live joyfully, which is the only way to live for us, by discovering our pleasure in life.

II. Discovering Our Pleasure: What are Our Pleasure?

A. Our highest source of pleasure is God. He loves us. He wants to bless us. He wants us to be happy in everything that happens to us, in everything that we do, in the people that we meet, and the places that we go to.

1. Everything is beautiful if we see through the eyes of God. Every person is worth loving if we relate with them with a heart that wants to love because we have God as our source of love.

2. Happiness is a state of the heart and it is a decision.

a. Happiness is a state of the heart.

(a) I am happy because I am loved by God.
(b) I am at peace because my heart rests in God,
(c) I love because I was made by God to love.
(d) I love because no one is undeserving of my love.

b. Happiness is a decision

(a) I will not allow anyone to steal my joy away from me.
(b) I will love even the most difficult and undeserving person.
(c) I will be a source of joy to the people around me.

B. Achievement is a source of pleasure.

1. All our achievements are an offering to God of our talents and skills
2. If all our achievements are used to serve God and to contribute and add value to the life of other people.
C. Our possessions, wealth, and all other resources are a source of pleasure.

1. If we have hearts that are grateful and content with what we have and we are not envious of what others have.
2. If we realize that we are only stewards of our possessions and they are to be shared; especially with those who are in need and those who have less in life.

D. All our relationships are a source of joy.

1. Our family is a source of joy.

a. I can be happy as a son and daughter if I honor and respect my parents and forgive them for their mistakes and shortcomings.
b. I can be happy also with my blood brothers, sisters and other members of my family, If I relate to them with love, honor and respect, and if I offer the best of myself and bring out the best in them.

2. My brothers and sisters in YFC are a source of joy.

E. The source of true pleasure is not just in receiving joy but in sharing and giving joy to others. I am happy when I see others are happy… when my parents are happy… when my brothers and sisters are happy with the things I do for them.

III. Conclusion

A. Every moment of our life is a celebration because there are so many perfect moments and so many genuine sources of pleasure.

B. We can convert our workplace into a place of joy by the spirit of joy and love we bring with us. Our homes will become an oasis and a source of pleasure because of the joy that we generate in all our relationships. And, all the activities of YFC will be a cause of excitement because we are happy with our brothers and sisters, with our God whose presence is very real in our community.

C. So tonight we will celebrate, party until we drop dead, because we are a community that knows how to enjoy life to the fullest.

IV. Activity

A. For reflection:

1. List down the three (3) events in your life that have been a major source of joy.
2. List down the three (3) persons in your life right now who are major sources of joy.
3. List down three (3) places that you associate with pleasure and joy. (Ex. My home, my workplace, Bacolod, Boracay, etc.)

B. Sharing: Ask some brothers and sisters to share their experiences of joy.

C. Greeting.

1. Tell the participants, “Right now your brothers and sisters around you are your immediate source of joy. Let’s go around the whole conference hall/area and say to as many brothers and sisters we meet, “You’re my source of joy. I really appreciate your friendship.”

2. Tell them that as they greet one another with joy, they must hold hands, embrace or hug each other.

3. While this is going on in the are some should sing the song, “You’ve Got a Friend.”

No comments:

Post a Comment